The Sims 4 is often criticized that teenagers look the same as young adults and that the stage of life from child to teenager is too big a leap. The Sims 4 Pre-Teen Mod aims to fix this by introducing a new stage of life between the child and the teenager. To learn more about the Pre-Teen Mod and how to install it, read on.
- Be sure to also check out our list of the best The Sims 4 Trait Mods to also expand the number of Sim Traits in your game and expand your gameplay.
The Sims 4: Tweens Mod Features
The Sims 4 Pre-Teen Mod by ItsKatato and adeepindigo features the following additions to the game:
- Once a child grows up, they take on the tween trait and enroll in middle school (middle school has a separate homework system like elementary school and high school, be sure to check your inventory).
- Preteens experience behavior changes and mood swings more often than boys.
- Tweens experience changes associated with puberty, such as cracks in the voice.
- Tweens are shorter than normal teens and adult sims.
- An additional hygiene system is added with interactions such as ‘Apply Body Spray’ and ‘Apply Lotion’ for skincare and healthcare. Each action has repercussions, for example, the application of deodorant will slow down the deterioration of hygiene.
- Check out our Sims 4 Royalty Mod guide to become the ruler of your own land with minions and knights at your service.
The Sims 4: Tween Mod: How to Use
Turning your sims into tweens is relatively simple. Once a child grows up, they will automatically be given the tween trait and enrolled in middle school.
If you already have a teen in your game that you want to turn into a tween, you can go into the mods pie menu and add the trait to them. You can use this menu system to revert the trait as well.
To successfully use the mod, you will also need The Sims 4: Parenthood Y snowy exhaust for some of the animations. You will also need the Lumpinou mod wizard Mood Pack Mod.
Adeepindigo’s First Crush mod is a great addition to the Pre-teen mod as it introduces an innocent romance system for tweens and their first foray into school dating.
The Sims 4 Tween Mod: How to Download
You can find the mod on adeepindigo’s Patreon page here.
Just download it like you would any other mod, then choose the high school or middle school pack. Extract the package and copy the files to your mods folder. Your mods folder will automatically be set to the following destination.
Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods.
Now start your game and enable scripting mods. To do this, go to Options > Game Options > Other > check the box titled ‘Scripting Mods Enabled’. Next, restart your game and the mods should be available to use.
- For additional help with Sims 4 mods, check out our guide on how to download CC for the sims (custom content).