The regional high school baseball championship games will be played today…
• In Division Three, Houghton will take on Standish-Sterling at 10:00 in Harbor Springs. Coverage will begin at 9:40 on Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf. Rain is forecast for Harbor Springs, but hopefully not until after the game.
• In Division Four, Jeffers will play Johannesburg-Lewiston at 10.00 at Rudyard. Once again, rain is forecast, but hopefully after the match.
The Division Four regional softball tournament will be played today in Norway…
• Hancock faces Pickford in the first semi-final at 11:00 ET. Bulldogs coverage will begin at 10:40 on KBear 102.3.
• Ishpeming faces Norway in the second semi-final at 2:00 ET.
• The championship game will begin at 5:00 ET. Rain is forecast all day in Norway, so be prepared for time changes.
The NHL Eastern Conference Championship Series continues tonight in Florida. The Lightnings lead the Rangers 3-2.
In the NBA championship series last night, the Warriors defeated the Celtics 107-97. That series is tied 2-2 and continues Monday in Oakland.
Elvin Rodriguez struggled as the Tigers suffered an ugly 10-1 loss to the Blue Jays last night. Rodríguez was tagged for eight runs before leaving in the fifth inning.
After the game, Rodríguez was optioned back to Triple-A Toledo. Team officials expect pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez to be ready to return from the disabled list to fill that spot in the rotation next week.
The Tigers host the Blue Jays again this afternoon. Beau Brieske will pitch against Kevin Gausman. Coverage will begin at 3:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
Detroit will finish the season without pitcher Casey Mize. After a setback in his rehab from an elbow problem, the prized prospect will undergo Tommy John ligament replacement surgery. Typical recovery time is 12 to 18 months.
The Brewers lost their seventh straight game last night, 11-5 to the Nationals. Aaron Ashby pitched into the fifth, allowing six runs on 13 hits. Jace Peterson homered.
The Brewers visit the Nationals again this afternoon. Eric Lauer will start against Patrick Corbin.
Milwaukee will be without starter Brandon Woodruff for longer than expected. While rehabbing a sprained ankle, Woodruff began to experience numbness in his throwing hand. The diagnosis is Raynaud’s syndrome, which reduces blood flow to the extremities. A treatment regimen is being designed.
This is Michigan Free Fishing Weekend. Today and tomorrow, anyone can fish without a license. All other rules remain in effect.
The Keweenaw Bay Classic Fishing Tournament for Lake Trout and Salmon is underway in Keweenaw and Huron Bays. More than 130 teams are registered
The Rice Lake Fishing Derby for Walleye and Pike is held tomorrow. Check in this afternoon between 6:00 and 8:00, or tomorrow morning starting at 7:00 at the Lake Linden-Hubbell Sportsmen’s Club clubhouse.
Fees for the use of Michigan’s state parks, harbors and piers will also be waived this weekend, along with ORV trails.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.