Get your daily, bite-sized roundup of crypto assets and blockchain-related news, digging into the stories flying under the radar in today’s crypto news.
- Determineda Bitcoin (BTC) focused subsidiary of the payments company run by Jack Dorsey Blockwill start building infrastructure for the Lightning Network, Nick Slaney, product design engineer at Block, said. “Our goal is to not only build the tools and infrastructure that we need for our products, but also to be additive to the overall Lightning Network ecosystem,” he noted, adding that they plan to develop and share this project with the community. and will be posting jobs for this initiative in the near future.
- On-demand service network split announced a partnership with crypto exchange Binance to offer transportation services and experiences within the Binance app and pay for them in cryptocurrencies.
- of the French government Olympic Games envoy has recommended widespread deployment of blockchain ticketing and other enhanced security protocols after last month’s crisis UEFA Champions League final in Paris, according to Ticketing Business News. The tickets would be based on blockchain technology to prevent ticket fraud as they would be active only within a virtual perimeter and corresponding to the security perimeter of the site, according to the report.
- from romania National Institute for Research and Development in Informatics Bucharest (ICI) announced that work is underway to build an institutional NFT market and a decentralized domain name system (DNS/TLD) based on the Elrond Network (EGLD) blockchain.
- A crypto survey by Bank of America (BofA), which covers 1,000 current and potential crypto users and crypto exchanges in the US, showed that 91% of respondents said in early June that they would buy crypto in the next six months, according to Business Insider. , the same percentage as those who said they had bought in the previous six months. The majority of respondents were short-term investors, with 77% stating that they have held crypto for less than a year.
- Crypto Gaming Guilds DAO Circle of Merit Y Performance guild games (YGG) announced that Merit Circle will buy the YGG and artful background allocation for USD 1.75m. As reported, after an initial $175,000 investment by YGG in Merit Circle last year, the latter guild’s community proposed to repay the investment, complaining of “lack of value” received from investors. Now, the guilds say that YGG has brought more value to Merit Circle than is openly seen through advice, introductions, and opening up new opportunities.
- Digital asset risk study ScienceMagic.Studios announced that it raised $10.3 million in pre-seed investment. The company will advise and create digital assets (eg, NFTs and social tokens) for brands, talent and their communities, and the funding will help the company scale as it meets interest, they added.
- Grant Thorntonthe liquidator of the collapsed New Zealand crypto exchange cryptopiaannounced that they have converted the equivalent of 5 million NZD ($3.12 million) worth of dogecoin (DOGE) into fiat currency “to cover reasonable costs and expenses related to the protection, preservation, recovery, management and administration” of any crypto held by the company, by order of the High Court of New Zealand.
- crypto platform Zonda announced plans to enter the Italian market on June 15, with the move spearheaded by newly appointed chief marketing officer Barnabas Goh.
- Eric Adams, the mayor of New York City, USA, plans to ask Kathy Hochul, the current governor of New York, to veto a bill passed by the state legislature that would impose a two-year moratorium on crypto mining that uses carbon. fuel in the state, Crain’s New York Business reported.