OSWEGO COUNTY – Oswego County Today features the top stories from the past week.
City of Fulton News:
- Oswego Industries Inc., a Fulton-based nonprofit agency that supports children and adults with developmental disabilities, is proud to recognize Darlene Baker for 25 years of service. Full story here.
- In April 2022, the Fulton Police Department received a report of a sexual offense that occurred in a public space in the city. On June 8, the suspect was located at his home in the city of Fulton and arrested. Full story here.
City of Oswego News:
- The Oswego City School District Board of Education discussed school safety on the evening of June 7, with all board members present. Full story here.
- The Oswego Fire Department, along with other area fire departments, responded to a house fire on Tuesday, June 7, located on Ellen Street in the City of Oswego. Full story here.
- New York State Secretary of State Robert Rodriguez made a special appearance in Oswego on Wednesday, June 8, his stop as part of a tour of the Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI) and the Economic Development and Resilience (REDI) hosted by Oswego Mayor Billy Barlow. Full story here.
- At a recent Oswego PorchFest committee meeting, founder Gerri Millar along with committee members selected this year’s design for posters and t-shirts and finalized plans for Oswego PorchFest 7 scheduled for September 18, 2022, from noon to 6 pm Full story here.
Oswego County News:
- According to the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, a fatal crash involving a single vehicle occurred on Wednesday, June 1, on Henry Clay Blvd in Town of Clay, resulting in the death of a Central Square teenager. Full story here.
- Local volunteers will join a global event at 5 pm Thursday, June 16, at the Oswego Farmers’ Market on West First Street. Full story here.
- It’s not every day you see a kid going into business for himself, so when a 14 year old presents a business opportunity; motivated and motivated to bring tourism to the community; as parents, they do everything they can to support their passion. Full story here.
- Oswego County will have a temporary interim health director starting June 14, the announcement of the retirement of current Oswego County health director Jiancheng Huang during last night’s county legislature meeting on Thursday, June 9 of June. The full story here.
- The Oswego County Legislature passed a resolution at its June meeting to provide funding through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Full story here.
More news can be found at the following links: