cyberpunk 2077of cd project Red since launch day has been notorious for poor game optimization. Even the top-tier GPUs of both amd & NVIDIA they can’t handle this game in native 4KUltra. This shows that cyberpunk 2077 Aside from all the bugs and glitches, it’s graphically ahead of its time.
Not everyone has a beefy RTX 3090Ti and the best Intel/AMD CPU to run this game. So at NexusMods A mod aimed at low budget gamers has been released giving them a chance to taste what CD Projekt has been cooking up for over 9 years.
To install this mod, the method is quite simple.
- Download Cyber Engine Tweaks/CyberEngineTweaks. Drop its content into your game folder.
- Download my mod and drop its content in your game folder.
- It should look like this: \Cyberpunk2077\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks\mods\Potato\init.lua
After that, to enable this mod, follow these steps.
- Start the game. CyberEngineTweaks will ask you to assign a hotkey to open its menu. Do what suits you best, something like the “Finish” button. The my mod menu will open along with the CyberEngineTweaks menu.
- Upload your save file. Don’t mess with the mod settings before it shows up, it might break some lighting effects.
- Once you’ve spawned into your world, you can hit the hotkey you’ve assigned and start experimenting with all the settings!
In native resolution, we see Cyberpunk 2077 in all its glory. Nevertheless, 25FPS it is not considered a good gaming experience by any means.
After activating the mod we see a very slight change in graphics but a 10+ increase in frame rate. Of course, post-processing effects add to the beauty of the game, but at the cost of valuable frames.
How to download
Visit NexusMod and first of all you will need to download a prerequisite mod ‘Cyber Engine Tweaks’. In the FILES tab, you will have 2 options, use the mod manager download or download manually. If you already have the Vortex Mod Manager installed, downloading and installing the mod will be a piece of cake, however a manual download can also work.
Once you have successfully installed Cyber Engine Tweaks, visit NexusMod once again and this time we are going to download the actual mod. Again, you can choose the mod manager (if you have Vortex installed) or you can go for the manual option. Both will be enough.
Cyber Engine Settings = Link
Performance improvement for Potato PC = link
Enjoy your additional frames!